Yes. It is possible to replace the solar water battery. However, you do not have to replace it. Most solar watch battery lasts for more than 10 to 20 years.
Even if you keep the solar watch in a completely dark room, it will still function for 6 months on a single charge.
How much does it cost to replace a solar watch battery?
There is no fixed answer to this question. The solar watch comes in different sizes and shapes. Also, the cost of the replacement of the solar watch depends on the brand that you own. The more expensive the brand, the more it will cost to replace the battery.
Majorly the cost that occurs for the replacement of the battery is the service cost the company charge to repair the branded watch. The high-end watches are delicate.
They need special tools and an experienced person to handle the tiny parts. Small mistakes can lead to damage to the internal core.
The average price of solar watch batteries ranges between $6 to $7. The cost of the batteries also depends on the size and brand you own. Some brands preferred particular types of batteries only.
So you cannot have the regular batteries for these particular watches. You may have to import these batteries from the other region if the local stores don’t have the type of batteries you required.
How to do a pulsar solar watch battery replacement?
Easy With Tool Kit
Pulsar solar watch battery replacement is an easy process. It would be best if you had the right tool to open the back lid of the battery. So get your toolkit and follow the given procedure. When you use the tools, ensure that you open the screw with high precision.
Take your time while handling these tools.
The watches are delicate pieces of machinery. If it is damaged, the warranty on the watch will be void, and you will not be able to get the service from the brand.
1) Firstly, open the Pulsar watch case from the back. Insert the tool between the case and the case back to open the lid. Use the needle-nose pliers to pull the case upward slowly. Use a strong grip, and do not scratch the case while using the pliers.
There will be a rubber gasket inside the watch surrounding the case. Put the rubber gasket aside in a safe place. You will require it again when you lock the watch again.
2) Now, once the battery case is open, locate the battery inside the watch. The small silver disc would be held on the side. Also, there will be a holding device that will look like a flat strap. It keeps the battery in place and works as the negative side connector of the battery.
Hold the strap aside and remove the battery from the watch. Keep the old battery aside. Dispose of it later with the right methods.
Please do not throw them in the regular dustbin. They are electrical charges and may cause a fire.
3) If you have already bought the battery, put the battery in the free space from which you removed the old battery. Check the positive and negative sides of the battery before inserting it. Use the tools to hold the battery.
Try not to touch the batteries as they may damage them. Tighten the screw of the strap if it feels loose after removing the old battery.
The strap should touch the other side, and there should not be a gap between the battery and the strap.
4) Check the condition of the rubber gasket. In most cases, the old watch may have damaged rubber. If you find cracks or any damage to the rubber, you can replace them.
The damaged rubber may allow water or moisture to enter the watch.
5) Snap the case back to the position. Tighten the screw properly and ensure that the case is fixed without any gap between the case and the case back.
When do I need a Seiko solar watch battery replacement?
Generally, the solar watch battery doesn’t require replacement. It is designed to last longer. Many Seiko solar watch battery lasts for 20 years when regularly charged under the solar UV rays.
Watches kept in a dark place can also last for more than 6 months without needing the charge.
Many users have also claimed that the battery lasts most than 1 year on a single charge without needing a charge.
So it clearly shows that the Seiko solar watch battery replacement ( Can Garmin watch batteries be replaced?) is not needed unless your watch is damaged due to unexpected events.
Also, if there is a necessity to replace the watch, then doing that is not that difficult. You can reach the nearby store and get the batteries replaced. The battery doesn’t cost much and can be purchased from local stores.
Eng. Matthew Joseph Nandirio is the Founder of walkingsolar.
After graduating from the University of Houston in 2002, matt started working as a Solar Electrical Engineer for several multi-national solar energy companies.
He has a wide range of experiences including solar system requirement analysis, planning, maintaining, debugging and even solar device development through research.
He now shares his 20 years of expertise through his articles on the walkingsolar website.
Further, he is also the author of two books on Solar Technology, “Solar Power for Villages” and “DIY Solar System for Dummies”.