In short, to reset your Garmin solar watch, whether it’s an Instinct, Fenix 5, Fenix 6, Fenix 6X, or Tactix solar watch, you need to reset all of the default settings. For this, go to the menu bar, then select the settings options, and the next step is deleting all the previous data and resetting the device’s default settings.
Pretty much easier, isn’t it? Well, to know the resetting process of these Garmin solar watches in detail, go through the article and read it consciously. Here, in this article, I have tried briefly explaining the reset method of all of these watches.
So, without any further ado, let’s begin!
How to reset your Garmin Instinct solar watch?
You must use the option-Reset Default Settings to reset the Garmin Instinct solar watch models. By doing so, you can reset your Instinct solar watch without losing your personal data and watch activities.
Here, I have provided below the detailed reset process of the Garmin Instinct solar watch step by step-
- First, you must hold the watch button to access the device Menu bar.
- In the Menu bar, press the down keys to select the Settings option. Then move and scroll down to find the System. Here, in the System option, you will see the option-Reset; tap on it.
- Now, in the Reset option, you need to select any of the two options-
- Select and tap on the option-Delete Data & Reset Settings. If you want the factory default values, delete all your entered user information and the history of watch activities by resetting all your device settings.
- Or, select and tap on the option-Reset Default Settings- If you want the factory default values, save all your entered user information and the history of watch activities by resetting all your device settings.
How to reset your Fenix 5 Garmin solar watch?
If you want to factory reset your Fenix 5 Garmin solar watch, you need to go through the three various resetting methods, and those are described below in detail-
- Hard Reset of the Fenix 5 Garmin solar watch
- To hard Reset, go for the Menu first and then scroll down in the Menu using the down button and find the Settings option.
- After that, scroll down again all the way to find the System option. And, now there, go down until you find the option-Restore System Defaults.
- Now, press down the Red button on your watch, and here also scroll down and choose the option –Yes in the Restore System Defaults.
- Well, this will now reset everything on your watch. However, while doing this for the factory default settings and if you want to delete all your entered user information and the history of watch activities, select -The delete Data & Reset Settings option.
- Here, for the Delete Data & Reset Settings option, if a Garmin Pay wallet is set up on your watch, this option will delete the Pay wallet from the device. It will also delete your stored music on the device.
- But, in this case, you want to save instead of deleting all your entered user information and watch activities history by resetting all of your device settings. Then you need to select the Reset Default Settings option.
- Finally, restart the watch and go for the configuration of your device.
- Soft Reset of the Fenix 5 Garmin solar watch
- Use the physical button of your watch to do a reset. For this, you need to press and hold the light button.
- Now, a quick menu will come up. However, you need to ignore that and keep holding the button for about 10-15 seconds, leading to ultimately powering off your watch.
- Then, turn on your watch and go for the configuration again.
- Resetting the watch with button combination
- First, you must turn off the device to reset in this way. Here, use the usual menu options to turn the watch off.
- After that, you need to press and hold the two buttons together (the light and the backslash lap button) as you turn your watch on.
- Now, you will see the Garmin logo will come up with an option- Clear user data.
- Now, if you want to clear the user data, scroll down and select the option-Yes by pressing the Red button at the top right side of your watch.
- Then, your watch will restart after loading a little bit.
How to reset your Fenix 6 and Fenix 6X Garmin solar watch?
To reset your Fenix 6 and Fenix 6X Garmin solar watch, you need to follow the detailed steps that are given below–
- You first have to hold the up button of your watch to open the Menu.
- After that, press the up button again until you see the option-System. Well, once you have found out, select the System option by using the starter stop button of your watch.
- You need to hit the up button in the System until you find the Reset option.
- Select Reset; here, you will have a couple of different options.
- Well, the first option is Reset Default Settings; select it if you want to reset to the factory default values and also want to save all your user-entered information as well as activity history.
- The next option is Delete All Activities; select this option if you want to delete all your watch activities from the device history.
- The next one is Reset Totals. Selecting this option will reset not only all distance but also all-time totals. Besides, it will refresh your watch and reset it back to zero.
- All right, your last option is- Delete Data and Reset Settings. Here, you need to select this option if you want to reset all the settings of your device to the factory default values and delete all your user-entered information and the activity history of your Fenix 6 and Fenix 6X Garmin solar watch.
- Well, the last option is actually a factory reset of your watch. Therefore, it will basically remove everything from the watch, including a Garmin Pay wallet set up, stored music, etc., and reset it to how it was once when you first opened your watch from the box. Thus, you have to go through the initial steps of setting up your watch.
- Okay, to do so, select the option Delete Data and Reset Settings, which will give you a warning. However, press the bat-down button to select Continue, and now a menu will come up with the options; scroll down and select the option Yes.
- Finally, it will reset the screen, and you will see the Garmin emblem, indicating that your watch’s Reset has been successfully done.
How to reset your Tactix Garmin solar watch?
Like the previous Garmin solar watch models, including Instinct, Fenix 5, 6, and 6X, to reset your Tactix Garmin solar watch, you need to reboot or reset all your device default settings as well.
All right, the detailed step-by-step reset process goes here-
- The first step to reset your Tactix Garmin solar watch is to press and hold the Menu button on the left of your watch.
- Then, press the button again to go to the bottom of the Menu until you find the option System.
- Now, select System, and from here, go down to the option-Reset.
- Here, you will have a few options. The first one is- Reset Default Settings; select it to reset every watch setting. The next one is- Delete All Activities; choose this option to delete all the watch activities history.
- Another option is Reset Totals; select it if you want to reset all the distance and time totals such as miles, run steps, stared counts, etc.
- Here, the final option is Delete Data and Reset Settings, which will be a factory reset of your Tactix Garmin solar watch. For this, you need to press the option with the button and select Continue, and then you have to go down the restore default settings and clear all the data that includes watches activities, stored music, etc.
- And finally, it will come up with two options, now, you need to go down and select-Yes the option by pressing the button on the right side of your watch, and it will do a factory reset.
- Finally, after resetting the watch has been completed, the watch screen will show the Garmin emblem and ultimately reach the language page, which indicates that everything has been erased completely.
It’s necessary to reset your Garmin solar watch if it doesn’t work well, especially if you want to resell it. Therefore, in this article, I’ve provided you with a lot of information regarding the topic- How to reset Garmin solar watch instinct, Fenix 5, 6, 6X, Tactix?
Hopefully, you have understood all the reset processes as you have completed reading the whole article consciously. If you want to know more or have more inquiries, let me know by commenting in the comment section.
Eng. Matthew Joseph Nandirio is the Founder of walkingsolar.
After graduating from the University of Houston in 2002, matt started working as a Solar Electrical Engineer for several multi-national solar energy companies.
He has a wide range of experiences including solar system requirement analysis, planning, maintaining, debugging and even solar device development through research.
He now shares his 20 years of expertise through his articles on the walkingsolar website.
Further, he is also the author of two books on Solar Technology, “Solar Power for Villages” and “DIY Solar System for Dummies”.