In short, to reset your Garmin solar watch no matter if it’s an Instinct, or Fenix 5, or Fenix 6, or, Fenix 6X, or Tactix solar watch, you just need to reset all of the default settings. For this, go to the menu bar, then select the settings options and the next step is deleting all the previous data and resetting the device default settings.
Pretty much easier, isn’t it? Well, to know the resetting process of these Garmin solar watches in detail, go through the article and read it consciously. Here, in this article, I have tried to briefly explain the reset method of all of these watches.
So, without any further ado, let’s begin!
How to reset your Garmin Instinct solar watch?
To reset the Garmin Instinct solar watch models, you need to go through the option-Reset Default Settings. By doing so, you can reset your Instinct solar watch without losing any of your personal data as well as watch activities.
Here, I have provided below the detailed reset process of the Garmin Instinct solar watch step by step-
- First, you need to hold down the watch button to access the device Menu bar.
- Here, in the Menu bar, press on the down keys to select the Settings option. Then move and scroll down to find the System. Here, in the System option, you will see the option-Reset, tap on it.
- Now, in the Reset option, you need to select any of the two options-
- Select and tap on the option-Delete Data & Reset Settings – If you want the factory default values as well as delete all your entered user information and the history of watch activities by resetting all of your device settings.
- Or, select and tap on the option-Reset Default Settings– If you want the factory default values as well as save all your entered user information and the history of watch activities by resetting all of your device settings.
How to reset your Fenix 5 Garmin solar watch?
If you want to factory reset your Fenix 5 Garmin solar watch, you need to go through the three various resetting methods and those are described below in detail-
- Hard reset of the Fenix 5 Garmin solar watch
- To hard reset, go for the Menu first and then scroll down in the menu using the down button and find the Settings option.
- After that, scroll down again all the way to find the System option. And, now there, go down until you find the option-Restore System Defaults.
- Now, press down the Red button of your watch, and here also scroll down and choose the option –Yes in the Restore System Defaults.
- Well, this will now reset everything on your watch. However, while doing this for the factory default settings and if you want to delete all your entered user information as well as the history of watch activities, select –Delete Data & Reset Settings option.
- Here, for the Delete Data & Reset Settings option, if a Garmin Pay wallet is set up on your watch, this option will delete the Pay wallet from the device. It will also delete your stored music on the device.
- But, in the case you want to save instead of deleting all your entered user information and watch activities history by resetting all of your device settings, and then you need to select the Reset Default Settings option.
- Finally, restart the watch and go for the configuration of your device.
- Soft reset of the Fenix 5 Garmin solar watch
- Use the physical button of your watch to do a reset. For this, you need to press and hold the light button.
- Now, a quick menu will come up, however, you need to ignore that and also need to keep holding the button for about 10-15 seconds which leads to ultimately powering off your watch.
- Then, turn on your watch and go for the configuration again.
- Resetting the watch with button combination
- To reset in this way, first, you have to turn off the device. Here, use the usual menu options to turn the watch off.
- After that, you need to press and hold the two buttons together (the light and the backslash lap button) as you are going to turn your watch on.
- Now, you will see the Garmin logo will come up with an option- Clear user data.
- Now, if you want to clear the user data scroll down and select the option-Yes by pressing the Red button at the top right side of your watch.
- Then, your watch will restart after loading a little bit.
How to reset your Fenix 6 and Fenix 6X Garmin solar watch?
- The first thing you have to do is hold the up button of your watch to open the Menu.
- After that press the up button again until you see the option-System. Well, once you have found out, select the System option by using the starter stop button of your watch.
- In the System, you need to hit the up button again until you find the Reset option.
- Now, select Reset and here you will have a couple of different options.
- Well, the first option is Reset Default Settings, select it if you want to reset to the factory default values and also want to save all your user-entered information as well as activity history.
- The next option is Delete All Activities; select this option if you want to delete all your watch activities from the device history.
- The next one is Reset Totals. Selecting this option will reset not only all distance but also all-time totals. Besides, it will refresh your watch and reset it back to zero.
- All right the last option you have is- Delete Data and Reset Settings. Here, you need to select this option if you want to reset all the settings of your device to the factory default values and also want to delete all your user-entered information as well as the activity history of your Fenix 6 and Fenix 6X Garmin solar watch.
- Well, the last option is actually a factory reset of your watch. Therefore, basically, it will remove everything from the watch including a Garmin Pay wallet set up, stored music, etc., and reset it to the way it was once when you first opened your watch from the box. Thus, you have to go through the initial steps of setting up your watch.
- Okay, to do so, select the option Delete Data and Reset Settings and while doing this, it will give you a warning. However, press the bat down button to select Continue and now a menu will come up with the options, scroll down and select the option Yes.
- Now, finally, it will reset the screen and you will see the Garmin emblem which indicates that the reset of your watch has been successfully done.
How to reset your Tactix Garmin solar watch?
Like the previous Garmin solar watch models including Instinct, Fenix 5, 6, 6X, to reset your Tactix Garmin solar watch, you need to reboot or reset all your device default settings as well.
All right, the detailed step by step reset process goes here-
- The first step to reset your Tactix Garmin solar watch is to press and hold the Menu button on the left of your watch.
- Then, press the button again to go at the very bottom of the menu until you find the option System.
- Now, select System, and from here, go down to the option-Reset.
- Here, you will have few options. The first one is- Reset Default Settings; select it to reset every setting of the watch. The next one is- Delete All Activities; choose this option to delete all the watch activities history.
- Another option is Reset Totals; select it if you want to reset all the distance as well as time totals such as miles run steps, stared counts, etc.
- Here, the final option is Delete Data and Reset Settings that is going to be a factory reset of your Tactix Garmin solar watch. For this, you need to press the option with the button and select Continue and then you have to go down the restore default settings and clear all the data that includes watches activities, stored music, etc.
- And finally, it will come up with two options, now, you need to go down and select-Yes option by pressing the button on the right side of your watch and it will do a factory reset.
- Finally, after resetting the watch has been completed, the watch screen will show the Garmin emblem and ultimately reach the language page which indicates that everything has been erased completely.
It’s necessary to reset your Garmin solar watch if it doesn’t work well and especially if you want to resell it. Therefore, in this article, I’ve provided you with a lot of information regarding the topic- How to reset Garmin solar watch instinct, Fenix 5, 6, 6X, Tactix?
Hopefully, you have understood all the reset processes as you have completed reading the whole article consciously. Well, if you want to know more or have any more inquiries, let me know by commenting on the comment section.