It is more than frustrating when the keyboard stops working for no reason, especially when you have deadlines to catch up with. If that is your experience right now, resetting the keyboard might help.
How to reset the Logitech k750 keyboard quickly?
Resetting a device basically restores its original setting. Follow the below steps to reset your keyboard;
- Turn off the keyboard
- Hold the CAPS lock, and press a few other keys for the next five or more seconds simultaneously
- Turn on the keyboard.
If your keyboard has turned on successfully, you have successfully reset your keyboard; however, if your keyboard embraces the unifying wireless technology, you need to do more,
- First, press the connect or reset button on the USB receiver
- Then, press the connect or reset button located at the bottom part of the keyboard.
When should I reset my keyboard?
The common reason you should reset the keyboard is when it stops working suddenly. Also, if the keyboard is slower than usual or not responding to commands, you can consider performing a reset action.
How do I resync my Logitech keyboard?
If your keyboard has been blinking, it requires resynching instead of a reset. The Resync process pairs the keyboard with the computer, restoring a perfect connection for communication between the two devices.
- On your device, go to the Bluetooth settings
- On the available Bluetooth devices list, select the Logitech keyboard
- Pair the devices by following the onscreen instructions
After a successful pairing process, the LED light on the keyboard should stop blinking and light steadily for about 10 seconds
How do I fix unresponsive keyboard keys?
If some of the keyboard keys are not responding, resetting might not salvage the issue. The simplest fix is to turn the keyboard upside down and then shake it gently. Shaking the keyboard shakes or removes anything beneath the keys freeing them to function effectively.
What are other troubleshooting mechanisms for a k750 keyboard?
Resetting is one of the multiple troubleshooting techniques. However, if you have performed it and still the keyboard is not functioning normally, you need to do more than that. Below are some of the other troubleshooting techniques that might save your day;
- Check the batteries
The Logitech k750 keyboard has batteries that store power from the solar panel. Check the battery status to confirm if it has a charge. Also, you need to diagnose if the battery is damaged or has depleted its lifespan, which may require you to replace it.
2. Uninstall and reinstall the Logitech k750 drivers
Every computer must have Logitech drivers to cooperate with the Logitech keyboard. If the drivers are corrupted or outdated, the keyboard will not respond as expected. Thus, it would help if you reinstalled the drivers via the device manager.
- Visit the control panel. If you are using the Windows operating system, click the start button, scroll to find the windows system and click it to find the control panel.
- On the control panel, click on the device manager
- Please scroll down to find the keyboard icon and click it
- Select your keyboard and right-click
- On the pop-up menu, click uninstall.
- Power off the computer and turn it on. After turning it on, it will detect the keyboard and automatically install the drivers
3. Connect it to another computer
Sometimes, the keyboard might be incompatible with your computer. To check if that is the issue, connect it to another computer and check if it is functioning as expected.
4. Restart the human interface device service
The human interface device that includes the mouse and keyboard must run correctly for the connected devices to function correctly. If it is not running correctly, you can correct it by following these steps;
- Click the start button and locate the windows administrative tools
- Click on services to access the human interface device service
- If the human interface device service is not running, click start, otherwise click restart
- After the HID service has restarted right, click and then click on properties on the pop-up menu
- On the startup type properties menu, change the type to automatic
Now you should be able to use your keyboard.
Resetting the Logitech keyboard restores its original setting, which improves its performance. Fortunately, resetting it is not brain straining work. Please turn off the device, press the CAPS lock and other keys simultaneously for at least 5 minutes and then power it on.
However, if the keyboard LED light is blinking instead of lighting consistently, you need to resync it instead of resetting it. The resync process involves pairing the keyboard with the computer.
Thus, visit the Bluetooth setting, select your device and follow the onscreen instructions to pair. We have discussed these issues broadly among many other troubleshooting mechanisms for the Logitech keyboard. Therefore, you can try them out before visiting a technician. Also, you can check this video to learn more about Logitech k750 keyboards.