In the modern world, a keyboard is essential. It ensures smooth typing along with shortcuts. It is because it offers sturdy keys and makes sure that practiced fingers move quickly across it. Wireless keyboards make the situation even better by offering assistance without needing to connect them to a computer.
However, a problem with these keyboards is that their batteries need to be replaced regularly. That is exactly where solar keyboards come in. Logitech keyboards were the first ones that were solar-powered.
How Long Does It Take To Charge Logitech Solar Keyboard?
Logitech recommends that you keep the keyboard for about 6 hours in normal room light. It needs this to charge its internal batteries. Also, if you want to recharge the batteries in case they have run out, you need to keep them in direct sunlight for at least an hour. Alternatively, you can keep it in a well-lit room.
How Long To Charge Logitech Solar Keyboard?
You should charge the Logitech solar keyboard until it is fully charged. It will ensure that the device functions properly. Ordinarily, if you keep using it in room-light, it would need 6 hours to charge its internal batteries.
On the other hand, you could keep the keyboard in complete darkness and the battery should last up to 90 days. This is what the company claims. Hence, you would not exactly run out of battery.
But if you still need to recharge the batteries, you could keep it in bright light or direct sunlight for a minimum of one hour. Depending on the model of the keyboard, it could need more than an hour to recharge its batteries. You can check the status of the batteries to ensure that they have enough charge.
How To Check The Batteries Of A Logitech Keyboard?
Sometimes, when you work with your Logitech keyboard, you may feel like the battery does not have enough power. It could also be that you want to check the batteries from time to time. Whatever the reason is, if you want to check the batteries, you can take the following steps:
- First, you have to check if your keyboard is on or off. If it is off, you need to turn it on.
- There is a battery check key on your keyboard. You have to locate this key. You can simply search for the F8 key on the keyboard and push it.
- Now you will be able to see the status of the batteries.
- If you see that the status light is green, it means that the batteries have the charge they need. Hence, you can continue to use them as and when you need to.
- If you see that the status light is red, it means that your batteries do not have enough charge.
- Now, in some cases, you may not be able to see any light at all. If this happens, do not panic. It also means that the batteries do not have enough charge. Simply recharge the batteries. Then, you can keep using your keyboard.
How To Charge Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750?
The Logitech wireless keyboard K750 does not require too much light to take up the charge. It can work under indirect sunlight or the lighting indoors. Even if the keyboard gets only levels of light or dim light, it can still function. However, it offers several features.
That said, you should still check if the keyboard receives enough light. If you use the keyboard indoors, you would have considerable amounts of time when there is complete darkness. Hence, it is better if you expose the keyboard to enough light during the day.
To charge the wireless keyboard K750, you have to place it in adequate lighting. You can check if the keyboard has enough light to absorb charge with the following steps:
- Before you can check anything, make sure that your keyboard is on.
- There is a key that is meant to check whether your keyboard is receiving enough light. This is an in-built feature. All you have to do is to press this light-check hotkey.
- If you notice that the light flashes green, it means that the keyboard is receiving enough light. You can continue using it and it will recharge the internal batteries.
- On the other hand, if you see a red light flash, the keyboard is signaling that it is unable to get enough light. Hence, you have to move it to better lighting conditions to ensure smooth use. Otherwise, you will not be able to use it for an extended period.
How To Use The Solar App?
If you want to know how much light is falling on your device, Logitech has come up with an app to help you in the process. What is more, is that you can even keep track of how much energy your keyboard has in reserve with this app. You can take the following steps to use the solar app:
- Before you can start tracking your keyboard’s details, you have to download the app and install it. Make sure that you do this on a compatible device. To do so, you would first have to visit the Logitech website.
- After you have installed the app, it will work in the background. It will automatically notify you when the energy reserve of your keyboard changes.
- To activate the light check gauge, you just have to push the hotkey button on your keyboard.
What To Do If Your Logitech Solar Keyboard Is Not Working?
It can be frustrating if your keyboard does not work. You can try the following measures if your solar keyboard stops working:
- You can turn the switch key to Off. Then, you can turn it back on.
- A reason your keyboard may not be working is due to low battery. You can check the status of the batteries by using the battery check key.
- You can stop the Bluetooth pairing and then try pairing it once again.
Hope this helps answer all your questions related to charging your Logitech solar keyboard. Make sure that you keep it in the right lighting. In addition to this, you will also be able to troubleshoot small issues. If you face any issues, you can always seek help from an expert.
Eng. Matthew Joseph Nandirio is the Founder of walkingsolar.
After graduating from the University of Houston in 2002, matt started working as an electrical and electronic engineer for several multi-national solar energy companies.
He has a wide range of experiences including solar system requirement analysis, planning, maintaining, debugging and even solar device development through research.
He now shares his 20 years of expertise through his articles on the walkingsolar website.
Further, he is also the author of two books on Solar Technology, “Solar Power for Villages” and “DIY Solar System for Dummies”.